United Way of Saskatoon and Area will fund organizations that provide direct services to vulnerable populations who are impacted by COVID-19. Your organization is eligible to receive funding if your organization has a charitable number, or are a Qualified Donee, and is providing supports and services to meet immediate community needs related to the COVID-19.
This funding is intended to support frontline community service organizations providing services to support vulnerable Canadians, including low-income seniors, women, children and youth, persons with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community, refugees, Indigenous peoples, members of racialized communities, and more.
Funds may be used for immediate needs and priorities related to the impact of COVID-19.
This includes, but is not limited to, services such as:
- Preparing and delivering meals and/or food hampers
- Supporting individuals in accessing income supports and financial coaching
- Providing home care or personal support for seniors, elders, and persons with disabilities
- Mental health & wellness supports, including crisis counselling, and peer support
- Personal safety supports, including for those living in or escaping situations of violence
- Access to safe transport for essential appointment and errands, and others
What types of activities could be funded?
- Community outreach and engagement
- Developing and/or delivering new programs, services or delivery models as a result of COVID-19
- Sharing information and knowledge
- Engaging and recruiting volunteers
Who should I apply to?
United Way Centraide Canada, through its local United Way Centraide members, will support:
- Granting programs for registered charities and qualified donees. Some local United Way Centraides may work with non-profit organizations to deliver local services.
The Canadian Red Cross Emergency Support for Community Organizations will be delivered through two main programs:
- Granting program for non-profits as well as a Preventing Disease Transmission Training and Equipment Program for non-profits, registered charities, and qualified donees. More information on the programs is available through the Canadian Red Cross website.
Community Foundations of Canada, and community foundations across Canada, will support :
- Granting programs for registered charities and qualified donees. More information on how to apply is available on the Community Foundations of Canada website.
See this infographic for more information.