United Way of Saskatoon and Area will fund organizations that provide direct services to vulnerable populations who are impacted by COVID-19. Your organization is eligible to receive funding if your organization has a charitable number, or are a Qualified Donee, and is providing supports and services to meet immediate community needs related to the COVID-19.
This funding is intended to support frontline community service organizations providing services to support vulnerable Canadians, including low-income seniors, women, children and youth, persons with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community, refugees, Indigenous peoples, members of racialized communities, and more.
Funds may be used for immediate needs and priorities related to the impact of COVID-19.
This includes, but is not limited to, services such as:
- Preparing and delivering meals and/or food hampers
- Supporting individuals in accessing income supports and financial coaching
- Providing home care or personal support for seniors, elders, and persons with disabilities
- Mental health & wellness supports, including crisis counselling, and peer support
- Personal safety supports, including for those living in or escaping situations of violence
- Access to safe transport for essential appointment and errands, and others
What types of activities could be funded?
- Community outreach and engagement
- Developing and/or delivering new programs, services or delivery models as a result of COVID-19
- Sharing information and knowledge
- Engaging and recruiting volunteers
Who should I apply to?
United Way Centraide Canada, through its local United Way Centraide members, will support:
- Granting programs for registered charities and qualified donees. Some local United Way Centraides may work with non-profit organizations to deliver local services.
The Canadian Red Cross Emergency Support for Community Organizations will be delivered through two main programs:
- Granting program for non-profits as well as a Preventing Disease Transmission Training and Equipment Program for non-profits, registered charities, and qualified donees. More information on the programs is available through the Canadian Red Cross website.
Community Foundations of Canada, and community foundations across Canada, will support :
- Granting programs for registered charities and qualified donees. More information on how to apply is available on the Community Foundations of Canada website.
See this infographic for more information.
Applications will be accepted until October 30th, 2020 at 4:00pm.