This rewarding and exciting volunteer leadership role has no fixed address within Saskatoon and is a remote opportunity for you to create and manage a chapter within your community right from home!
As a Local Chapter Coordinator for The Shoebox Project for Women, you are the lead Coordinator of the organization’s activities in your community in efforts to support women impacted by homelessness through our Shoebox gift drives.
By creating a fun and supportive environment you will manage and coordinate the efforts of your shelter agencies, community volunteers and donors to ensure a successful Shoebox drive season.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– You are an ambassador of The Shoebox Project in your community
– Lead the charge and represent with pride!
– Recruit and manage volunteers to assist in various support roles
– Identify and develop a network of shelters and resource centers to partner with
– Community outreach: Reach out to your local community to introduce, inform & educate on The Shoebox Project’s mission & vision and get your community involved in helping to support for your chapter goals
– Manage chapter-specific administration
– Manage Chapter email and social media accounts
– Help organize corporate and school drives as needed
– Coordinate inspections, storage, transportation and delivery of boxes from drop-off locations to shelters – deliver your Shoeboxes and watch the smiles!