Saskatoon Collaborative Funding Partnership
By working together we are able to improve quality of life for individuals, families and communities in Saskatoon and area. The partners believe that together they are stronger and more effective than they would be if they worked individually. Together they can have more impact on quality of life in Saskatoon than any single organization alone can have.
Purpose: Provide local community-based organizations and groups a streamlined granting process. Your application could be funded by one or more grant programs based on the individual funder’s priorities and criteria.
Applications will be accepted starting January 13, 2023. The deadline will be 11:59 PM February 15, 2023.
United Way of Saskatoon and Area – Community Initiatives Fund
To be eligible for a grant from the United Way of Saskatoon and Area Community Initiatives Fund, an organization must be registered as a charitable organization with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). The CRA charitable registration number must be provided in the Application for Funding (under the section titled Information About your Organization, item #8 – Corporate Status of Your Organization).
The focus of United Way of Saskatoon and Area Community Initiatives Fund is intended to support non-profit organizations in Saskatoon & Area to develop and execute programs and services aligned with United Way’s Community Investment strategy. An underlying theme of “Vulnerable Individuals and Families” has been identified to act as a connector for the Community Investment strategy. UWS&A recognizes that all people can experience vulnerability in different ways at any point in their lives and as such, individuals and families may need to seek programs and services supported by UWS&A, ultimately, leaving the threat of falling into poverty.
Our 3 focus areas are:
- All That Kids Can Be – Goal: All children and youth are successful in school and during life’s transitions
- Poverty to Possibility – Goal: Support for families in all their forms to secure all life’s basic needs
- Strong Communities – Goal: Mental, Emotional and Spiritual Well-Being
For additional information about the United Way of Saskatoon and Area Community Initiatives Fund, contact Andrea Howe at (306)380-6114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
City of Saskatoon – Assistance to Community Groups Grant
To be eligible for the City of Saskatoon’s Assistance to Community Groups Grant, an organization must be registered as a non-profit organization under The Non-Profit Corporations Act of Saskatchewan or under The Co-operative Act of Saskatchewan or registered as a charitable organization with the Canada Revenue Agency.
- To support human service groups in activities that are of general benefit to Saskatoon citizens and enhances their quality of life, especially in relation to the family. Focus is on supports and services to vulnerable populations within our community.
- The major overall criteria by which applicants shall be judged is the degree to which the proposed program meets a demonstrated community need that is supported by the City.
- Assistance shall not be provided for programs which are considered to be a duplication of services already provided.
Priority shall be given to those projects and groups which:
- work in a cooperative and collaborative fashion in the delivery of human services
- provide direct services, either pro-active or remedial, that enhance the quality of life for vulnerable citizens of Saskatoon
- work with a community development focus to meet demonstrated areas of current and urgent need
- demonstrate “client group” involvement demonstrate, by the nature of their activities, the maintenance of a stable community
This program will not fund sport, culture or recreation initiatives, economic development,or capital expenditures.
For additional information about this funding program please contact the Grant Administration Clerk at (306) 975-3383 or email@example.com.