Bring people and resources together to build a vibrant and caring community.
Change starts with one person, one group, one business, one community.
Support of United Way of Saskatoon and Area creates opportunities for a better life for everyone and achieves lasting, positive change.
Because it takes a whole community coming together to change social conditions, United Way of Saskatoon and Area builds partnerships that mobilize communities, agencies, funders and other sectors to achieve shared goals. We strive to bring about genuine change by focusing our work on three areas:
United Way will meet our goals in these three focus areas by:
- Engaging and mobilizing community dollars, influence, time, knowledge and action;
- Identifying and addressing underlying causes;
- Strengthening the network of services and capacity of human-service agencies and the community; and
- Educating, raising awareness and influencing public perceptions, systems and policy.
- Embrace diversity
- Demonstrate trust, integrity, respect, inclusivity, and transparency
- Commit to reconciliation with Indigenous Communities
- Energize and inspire volunteerism and volunteer leadership
- Provide non-partisan leadership
- Endorse innovation, partnerships, and collective action